Mathematics content training, teacher pedagogy, instructional practices, student engagement, developing learning culture, critical reading/literacy in mathematics, and transparency in mathematics assessment.
Jamie-Marie was a mathematics classroom teacher for 19 years at the middle and high school levels in Lincoln County. She began teaching full-time at in the Department of Teaching, Learning, and Educational Leadership at Eastern Kentucky University in 2020. Courses taught include:
- Undergraduate—Middle Grades/Secondary Methods, Geometry for Elementary Teachers, Transition to Education;
- Graduate—Mathematical Foundations in P-5, Assessment/Pedagogy in P-5, and Mathematics Intervention Strategies;
- Clinical Educator—supervises/observes students clinical experiences in the methods semester.
Jamie-Marie specializes in instructional practices that foster student engagement and a positive learning culture in the mathematics classroom. Her work includes co-facilitating several grants at PIMSER in which she works with both teachers and administrators.
- Kentucky Council of Teachers of Mathematics Executive Board (2008-2016 held the following offices: Middle School Vice President; President; Past-President; MESA Chair)
- Kentucky Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators Executive Board (Member at Large)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics member
- Kentucky Council of Teachers of Mathematics member
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators member